Originally founded as St. Joseph Academy in 1877 by the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur, St. Mary’s School has a long- standing tradition in the Grayson County community. For over seventy-five years, the school existed as both an elementary and secondary school. During the last fifty years or so the school has offered primary education for its students. In 1972, a kindergarten was added, and in 1988, a preschool.
After one hundred fourteen years of dedicated service and love for their students, the Sisters of St. Mary retired from active teaching. The fall of 1991 brought forth a new era of an all lay faculty, each dedicated to continuing the excellence of education instilled by the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur.
St. Mary’s offers a varied and in-depth program of learning from preschool through 8th grade. Our curriculum includes six core subjects: religion, English, reading, mathematics, science, and social studies. Spanish, music, art, physical education and STEM education round out our curriculum, designed to educate the whole child.
St. Mary’s Catholic School and the Diocese of Dallas follow national standards, supplanting local and state guidelines. We are accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) and approved by the Texas Education Agency (T.E.A.)
For more information about
St. Mary's School,
visit our website: